Due to recent high-end hospitality project growth, Flick·Mars is expanding our Dallas-based design studio and seeking to fill the position of Senior Designer. We are a hospitality interior design firm specializing in luxury hotel, resort, spa and restaurant design. Our corporate culture is built on creative, talented professionals set in a cooperative environment – the Flick·Mars team is meticulously structured around the idea of carefully selecting individual talent, placing value on each designer’s diversity in project experience and their creative personalities. Maintaining an elevated level of perpetual collaboration in the studio allows our team to design confidently and deliver impactful and inspirational impressions.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and work samples in PDF format.
Please send all resumes to [email protected]
The ideal candidate for a Senior Designer at FlickMars is responsible for developing, managing, and ensuring the overall design for projects, and that these elements meet the goals and objectives set forth by senior management and the Client. This position reports to the Studio Director, and works closely with Designer(s), and Intern(s) to maintain the scope and schedule of the project. In addition, the position maintains the standards of the firm including overseeing that quality control of documentation
- Actively involved in and manages the design process, including but not limited to, space planning, conceptualizing interior architectural design and finishes, graphic representation of ideas both hand-drawn and computer generated from conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Graphic design related to conceptualizing ideas for projects and potential projects.
- Maintain project schedule and manages priorities.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Team.
- Attend meeting with Client or other team members as required by Studio Director.
- Produce or lead architectural technicians or consultants to produce interior architectural construction documents.
- Set the overall strategy for producing the documents and executes the plan of action for each stage of work.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants. (i.e. smartsheet)
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
- Review of contract documentation (i.e. spexx and construction documents) to ensure that the documents conform to Flick∙Mars standards, to ensure quality control of same and that the documents meet or exceed industry standards for interior architectural documentation including checking completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Supports the office and colleagues through active mentoring, continuing education and training of team members such as colleagues and Interns within the discipline.
- Prepare and coordinate the review of contractor’s submission of RFI’s, shop drawings and submittals.
- Prepare and coordinate the review of FF&A shop drawings and submittals.
- Project site evaluation, documentation and observation visits.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions and independently performs assignments.
- Participation of professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Communicates schedule progress and modifications with Studio Director.
- A degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program or Architecture from a NAAB accredited program.
- 10 (+/-) Years of experience (high-end hospitality interior design preferred)
- AIA or NCIDQ Certification required
- Strong knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced documentation and field observation skills.
- Extensive contract administration knowledge, including completion of contract documents.
- Strong interior architectural and FF&A detailing skills.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, accessibility codes and the ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Technical requirements include high level competency in use of design and production software (i.e., AutoCad, Sketch-Up, InDesign, Photoshop, Revit, and SPEXX etc.) and knowledge of MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is also required.
- Requires organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to travel.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines.
To apply, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format to [email protected]
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Potential
- Paid Holidays including Good Friday and Juneteenth
- Flexible Work Opportunities